The MetroWest HOPE Outreach Center began because of the HELP that is critically needed due to the substance use epidemic that has hit our communities. We have partnered with agencies and organizations to provide valuable resources available in MetroWest and Central Massachusetts areas.
If you or a loved one is in need of HELP, we can point you in the right direction. This page contains a variety of information and resources to get you the help you, your family, or your friends may need.
Naloxone (Narcan) Kit from a Pharmacy
There are two ways to access a naloxone rescue kit from a pharmacy in Massachusetts:
- Obtain a prescription from your medical provider and take it to a pharmacy that stocks naloxone. Most pharmacies are able to fill naloxone prescriptions or can order it for you.
- Go directly to a pharmacy that participates in the Naloxone Standing Orders program. A prescription is not needed. Your health insurance will be billed. Depending on your coverage, a co-pay or full price will be charged. MassHealth covers the cost of a naloxone rescue kit for its members.
- Make sure to check the link above to see if the pharmacy participates in the standing order program
- Have your insurance card ready if you have one
- Bring an ID if you have one
- Ask whether the pharmacy offers naloxone by standing order (you can also call ahead to find out)
- If yes, indicate to the pharmacist if you prefer nasal or injectable version of naloxone
- Ask for the cost or co-pay before they fill the order
- If the pharmacy declines the request, please ask politely if they are familiar with the standing order
- If they are unable to fill the request, please go to another pharmacy on the list
Learn to Cope Family Support Group
Every chapter of Learn to Cope holds weekly meetings run by experienced facilitators who have been there. These meetings offer support, education, resources, and most importantly HOPE for recovery.
Every 2nd and 4th Mondays at 7:00 pm
Hudson Senior Center
29 Church Street
Hudson, MA 01749