The MetroWest HOPE Outreach Center works to prevent our residents from substance use. We work with our partners, both secular and religious, in developing a framework for prevention, which includes decreasing the ease of access to illegal substances, prevention of underage use of legal substances, and increasing the protective factors.
Drug Take Back Kiosks
available 24/7 at hudson and marlborough police departments
Both Hudson and Marlborough Police Departments have a Drug Take Back Kiosk located in the lobby of their station. With their 24/7 availability, anyone can walk into the stations and dispose of unwanted medications and drugs with no question asked. It is completely anonymous and free.
Hudson Police Department
9 Municipal Drive
Hudson, MA 01749
Marlborough Police Department
355 Bolton Street
Marlborough, MA 01752
Items that are acceptable include:
- Pills and capsules (prescription and over-the-counter)
- Liquid medication in unbreakable, leakproof containers
- Vitamins and supplements
- Pet medications
Prohibited items include:
- Syringes, needles, and other sharps (please see below on how to dispose of these safely)
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Inhalers and other aerosol cans (bring to our household hazardous waste collection events)
- Medical devices
- Thermometers (mercury-containing thermometers can be disposed of at our household hazardous waste collection events)
- IV bags
- Liquid medication not in leakproof containers
- Non-pharmaceutical wastes
Disposal of Needles & Syringes, and other Medical Sharps
For Hudson residents, please bring unwanted needles, syringes, and other medical sharps to the Hudson Transfer Station. Ask the attendant about disposal of needles. The disposal is sponsored by BP Trucking.
For Marlborough residents, please bring unwanted needles, syringes, and other medical sharps to the Bouvier Pharmacy, located on 515 Lincoln Street in downtown Marlborough. The disposal is sponsored by Bouvier Pharmacy.